To be certified to the ISO 17025 is completely optional to do business. But providing the commitment to become accredited or certified shows others in the industry and the Laboratory's market that they care about quality standards. Laboratory certification can only be awarded by an accreditation or certification body. These organizations provide 3rd party audits to compare operating procedures and policies to the ISO standard.
How can we help?There are two typical approaches to certification.
1) Do It YourselfWe have the documents you need to create your ISO 17025 Policy Manual. You can subscribe and download the entire library of 46 files, or browse through and download only the ones you need.
These documents will get help move you toward certification. We also have online / on demand consultants that can help you only when you need them.
2) Hire a ConsultantYou can hire a consultant to walk you through each step of the process. This is the most expensive approach, but may suit your needs and timeframes of your organization.
We suggest an alternative to the typical.
OurBizPort MethodWe suggest using our approach - it is a combination of the two - it maximizes speed to your certification and minimizes the effect on your budget.
We assign an expert consultant to you. After the introductions we get to work.
OubBizPort staff constructs a Fast Track Conformance Portal for you to use during the process. It contains:
- All the documents in our library installed in our Document Retention System.
- A Project Management Tool to manage the process and people. With you, our consultant creates milestones and assigns the tasks to individuals.
- A Collaboration system built to communicate with the stakeholders, project manager and facilitators. This keeps an ongoing record of activity and discussions (no more email)
- A Training System with any custom training required for ISO 17025 implementation